Vision, Guidelines, and more
Part of the vision of Bishop Seabury Academy is “to promote a sense of responsibility for self and respect for others as members of the community.” Seabury believes that community service is a crucial aspect of building this respect. Service connects every student to the local and global community, engenders a greater sense of identity and integrity, and unifies the student body. Furthermore, service projects introduce students to important social issues and give them the opportunity to participate and to create improvements in the greater society. Ideally, this continued and consistent service obligation will generate a positive orientation towards community involvement and a sense of civil responsibility.
Any project, local or international, will count towards Community Service hours if it fulfills all the following requirements:
- It is not for self-benefit including work done for a grade, financial benefit, or material benefit.
- Community Service hours must be an activity that addresses a social or civic issue or a professional area of interest.
- It requires more than 30 minutes to complete.
- It requires suitable effort or engagement.
- The action is approved by the Community Service Director.
- Each service effort must be submitted via the Online Form on this site. All fields must be completed.
- Seniors who graduate without completing 30 hours of service total for each of their years at Seabury will have their diplomas withheld until those hours are accomplished.
Please click on the Online Form below to submit your hours.
You will need to provide an email address for an adult who was on-site with you who can testify to your work.
The Community Service Director will enter you hours.
- Go to FACTS SIS (Renweb)
- Click on the three bars in the upper left-hand corner of the Home page
- Select Students.
- Click on your student's name.
- You will see a box on the right side of the page labeled "Service Hours".
Check back for upcoming opportunities for Community Service Hours.