For the 2023-2024 School Year
Bishop Seabury Academy will seek diversity in its student body and will welcome enrollment by students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation, and any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It will not discriminate on the basis of religion, color, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school policies.
While we seriously consider all International Student applicants, the likelihood of being admitted is greater for those applying for grade 10 or below due to the academic rigor of the college preparatory curriculum and the challenging reading requirements in grades 11 and 12. English as a Second Language classes are offered but only as a supplement to the required English class requirements.
STEP 1 - APPLY
For an Application, please email:
Lisa Leroux-Smith, Director of Admissions
To apply the student will need to supply all the following forms and documents:
- Completed application
- Current school records from at least the last two years (must be translated into English)
- Immunization record
- Evidence of the family’s ability to pay tuition in the form of a bank statement or a letter from the bank.
- A non-refundable $90 application fee.
- The application process will not continue until all the above documentation has been submitted.
STEP 2 - INTERVIEW
Once the Director of Admissions has received all documents, forms, and fees, a Bishop Seabury Academy representative will contact you to schedule a student interview. The interview will be conducted via ZOOM. It is crucial in assisting us in determining if the student has sufficient fluency in the English language in order to be a successful student at Seabury.
After the interview is complete, all forms, records, and a summary of the interview will be submitted for review by the Admissions Committee. If the applicant meets the criteria, the Seabury Director of Admissions will notify the parents of acceptance.
STEP 3 - ACCEPTANCE
The following must be received before an I-20 can be issued. There are no exceptions.
- A $900 deposit which will be applied towards the total cost of tuition.
- A Signed contract to reserve a student’s space in the class
After you receive your I-20 form, you are able to apply for a visa. Please note that the INS requires you to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. Bishop Seabury Academy is not responsible for the payment of any INS fees including the SEVIS I-901 fee.
In the event that the student visa is denied, the school will refund $700 of the deposit provided the student sends following to Bishop Seabury Academy:
- Return of the original I-20
- Show proof of denial from the U.S. Immigration Offices
- Send a written request for the refund
- If the visa is approved but the student decides not to attend Bishop Seabury Academy, no portion of the deposit or application fee will be refunded.
- The student is responsible for establishing their own housing arrangements in the Lawrence area. Seabury is not a boarding school and does not have a homestay program. Students are absolutely not allowed to live independently even if of legal age to do so.
- The student is required to obtain health insurance which could cost approximately $500 a year. Seabury can help provide more information about insurance options.
- An official physical examination form is required, especially to play a school-sponsored sports.
Bishop Seabury Academy partners with the following agencies as well as accepting students from private parties.
J&C Educational Services